Friday, March 13, 2009

I Did It!



I have been wanting to make bread for a long time now. As part of my food storage we have hundreds of pounds of wheat. My awesome husband found a wheat grinder attachment for my Kitchenaid. Yesterday Dan and I made our first batch of wheat flour. Today I took on the project of bread! A recipe which I got from my awesome friend Jackie! She is what I like to call a food storage queen! She knows what to store, how to store it, how long it can store for, and most importantly, what to do with what you store. I have seen her make this bread before but this time I was finally brave enough to try it! This recipe makes 3 loaves. You can also use a loaf for cinnamon rolls. I was successful! I still have some stuff to work on but, I made yummy bread and cinnamon rolls! Thanks Jackie for letting me call you a million times!

12 comments:

emily said...

looks like I'm coming to your house when you bust out the food storage! This looks delicious!!!

Jodi Nelson said...

great work sista!! those rolls look divine. SO about houses... well we heard back no on one of them and hear back on the other tonight. the bank is being retarded, but we shall see. thanks for monday, loved it loved it!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

I am so PROUD!!! That is awesome

Windybrook Spinner said...

Way to go! Successfully making your own bread is the best feeling. Looks delicious.

Tamra said...

That is soooo exciting!! I have been wanting to make it myself as well, I too have a kitchen aid. It all looks so delicious!

Tamra said...

I am so excited for you!!! They look delicious. I too have a Kitchen aid and have been wanting to make the bread as well. Way TO GO!!!

Jennie said...

So, what are the recipes?

Shontel & Kamron said...

Good job! I went yesterday and I was so insipired Jackie, she is amazing huh?

Happilyeverafterx3 said...

That is awesome. Hot fresh baked bread with butter is one of those exquisite yet simple pleasures in life. That can only be better when you make it yourself and using food storage to boot.

Jac said...

Way to go Woman! You are the queen...can't wait to hear how the next batch turns out!

Stacie said...

I have to admit that your bread looks better than Mike's and he's been trying to perfect his for like a year now! I'm so proud of you!!

Unknown said...

I am offended, my own wife criticizes my bread!