Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Fun















December is such a busy month. We started out the festivities by going to get a tree. The kids were so excited to help pick out our tree. We went and were told the tree farm trees were in the front and the wild trees were in the back. I told Dan I wanted a wild tree. We had fun decorating the tree together. Last Monday we went over to the Bowmans to decorate gingerbread houses. Addie was more concerned with eating the candy. Kyler's house was all about patterns. Our house was crazy. Dan decided to make a lake out of the candy glue. Because of the color, he decided the snowman was actually peeing in the lake. Santa was drowning in the lake. On the other side of the house Dan had Santa lifting weights. I know, I know, he's crazy! The funniest part of the night was when Addie decided to be Santa. She was talking in her manly voice and having everyone sit on her lap so she could ask them what they wanted for Christmas. I don't know where she comes up with this stuff but it was so funny! On Tuesday we went down to Temple Square with the Terrells and the Wilsons to see the lights. It was a little busy but way fun. I think this was Addie's first year really understanding the story of Christmas. It was fun to see her get excited to see baby Jesus. I look forward to all the fun this next week will bring.

0 comments: