Friday, September 30, 2011

One of the Great Ones




On September 4, 2011 our Heavenly Father received one of the greatest men I have ever known back into his service. Dan's dad passed away in his home surrounded my family. What an amazing man he was. A veteran who served his country well. After being shot down he was saved by the people of Slovakia. He served a mission in Slovakia after he finished his service to our country. He had such a love for the Slovak people. He always had the most amazing life stories to share. He was a very giving man and he meant the world to Dan. They were buddies. I feel blessed to not only have known him, but that I can call him family. I am grateful Kyler and Addie were able to have a good relationship with him before his mind started to slip. The kids loved him and he loved them. Even when they were a little wild he was always smiling. I know the Lord has much work for him to do. I know he is willing and grateful to be at his Heavenly Father's service.

0 comments: