Thursday, February 26, 2009

Poor Addie!





Yesterday Addie fell while her and Kyler were playing on a friend's trampoline. She wouldn't walk but was pretty relaxed after the initial shock wore off. So, we gave it to this morning and when she still wasn't on her feet, we took her in for an x-ray. She fractured her tibia and had to get a cast. She has been such a trooper! She hasn't even cried very much. The doctor says it might take her a few days but she should start to walk on it. She will be in her pretty purple cast for three and a half weeks. Once we got home she mostly just layed around watching Elmo. Then our sweet neighbors the Ivins came over with treats and an awesome poster that the kids made for her. I promise Addie liked the poster, she was just sick of all of the pictures!

12 comments:

Sam and Jess said...

oh no!! That was one of my fears about getting a tramp. Even though it doesn't look like fun Addie looks so cute with a tiny cast on. Good luck for a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

So that's what you were referring to in your text as "it's been a crazy day." I'm so sorry! that is NOT fun. But it just seems to be the age for major injuries. Abbie was a week shy of her 2nd birthday when she fell and needed stitches and Wesley was just over his 2nd b-day when he broke his arm. I guess Rebecca broke her leg at 18 months and Steph broke her leg just before she turned 3. And Kyler was 2 when he got his stitches right? So, really, Addie's just joining the club. It's a sign of growth really!

Jennie said...

Poor baby. I feel so bad for her.

The Orgill Family said...

Poor addie, that is no fun.

blake and mckelle said...

Poor little girl! I'll be there for sure, just remind when you are going in and I'll watch out for ya!

Laura said...

She wears that cast well...I'm sorry but those pics are ridiculously cute.

Jodi Nelson said...

That is SOOO sad!!! I'm sorry to hear that Addie hurt herself. We hope she gets better very very soon!!

Anonymous said...

We send her our well wishes.

BTW: Did anyone notice how long her leg looks in the cast?

Mom said...

If she needs a PT remember you can fly her adopted grandma to Utah!!!
I love and miss you guys and sure am sorry about what happened to Addie. I find it amazing that she was able to not be screaming in pain all that time. Shows us how tough kids really are.

The Greenski's said...

Oh my gosh, that is the saddest thing ever!!! Poor baby girl. I havent talked to you in awhile, but I always check your blog to see whats going on in your neck of the woods.
I love you guys and send tons of kisses to Addies poor leg.
Kyler is getting so big, he is so so cute. Hes going to be a little heart breaker...

Shontel & Kamron said...

I saw Addie at church today and I was like oh my goodness! I totally forgot that you said she hurt herself the other night. I hope she gets better fast!

Tamra said...

I can't believe that she broke her leg!!!! I do love the purple cast though, maybey we can all sign it!!